Benefits of membership
On the job you get the protection of a contract and more strength in the workplace. Off the job, the Union Privilege benefits, endorsed by AFSCME, give you and your family more buying power in the marketplace. With the savings these members-only benefits provide—being an AFSCME member makes sense.
AFSCME Advantage: These benefits are known as "AFSCME Advantage" and they include:
- Credit card: A low rate, money-saving credit card
- Mortgages: A mortgage and real estate program that makes home buying, selling and refinancing easier and more affordable
- Scholarships: A scholarship and award program that benefits children of active AFSCME members
- Life insurance: Affordable, quality term life insurance designed to help AFSCME members provide for their families
- Legal Service: Free and discounted legal advice for AFSCME members and their families
If you are already an AFSCME member and would like to know more details about these programs, click here.