Register & Vote!
Illinois’ primary Election Day is March 17. To make your voice heard, be sure you are registered to vote—and be sure to vote! Here’s everything you need to know.
To vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the primary election and turn 18 on or before the date of the general election.
- Live in your election precinct at least 30 days before Election Day.
- Not be serving time in prison as a result of a conviction (those released from prison are eligible to register and vote in Illinois).
Ways to register:
- Online registration is open until March 2 for those with a state license or state ID.
- Mail in an application before February 19.
- Register in-person during early voting from March 2 to March 16.
Visit the Illinois State Board of Elections website for more information and to register online.
Early voting is underway in many parts of the state! Find out where to vote early in your community.
AFSCME Council 31 endorses candidates who support working people. See our full list of endorsements in the March Primary election.